Sunday, March 25, 2007

India goes boom!

Few days back I dreamt of watching men in blue marching victory lap in WC final. But after Lankan riots, I dare to stick to my dream. Like loads of poor Indians, today I was also praying for Bermuda thrashing Bangladesh. But they are limping at 45 for 4 in a rainy ODI. Thing is WC is over for India this time. I curse myself for purchasing a tv only to see this to happen.

In spite of having so many *so called great* players in the side, such a fortune is really disappointing. People are saying we lacked commitment, we lacked passion and blah blah... But I think we are simply not good enough. In spite of having likes of sachin-dravid-saurav-kumble around for so many years, how many times have we performed really like a world class team? It's just occasional spark of genius, that own India some matches. And those very few occasions have been blown out of proportions really badly. So badly, that we started believing in non-existing abilities of our players. I think time has come for an honest investigation.

I think our senior players should take the responsibility and step down now. Report tells me sachin wants to play in the next WC also! wtf! Of course he can improve his personal records, but no way it's going to help indian cricket. We need new -N-fresh blood in the squad. May be likes of rainas, uthappas did not work, but some more efforts can unearth some real champion. Let us be optimistic..

Having said all that, I believe my fellow country men should stop behaving like a fanatic now. I don't understand what-the-hell you get attacking a player's house after his failure? Please stop these non-senses of physical harassment. Unless we mature as a nation, we don't have any hope either in cricket or in any other games.

No comments: