Tuesday, March 20, 2007

India goes gaga..

World cup has started finally with all it's excitement. India is fighting hard to get into super8s. Ireland has made the critics swallowing their insults for minnows. Bangladesh is on high in their new found out-of-minnowhood status. Pakistan is already out of the blue, which turned out to be too much for Bob Woolmar, a shocking loss to this once-in-four year extravaganza.

It hasn't started as expected for India. India have lost to a spirited Bangladesh in their first match. But watching yesterdays murderous Bermuda victory, you have to agree men-in-blue are back in business. Though you should (can) not make out too many things over this Bermuda victory, But I believe no one can hold us back from going to super8s. And once you are into next round, altogether a different story begins. I think we have a fare chance of bringing back the glory.

To watch them triumph, we have purchased a ctv few days back. We have gone for the *most cost effective* one. It's a "Sansui cine sargam - 22", costs only 6500 bucks! Though I am yet to press all remote buttons, I am quite happy with the product. Picture is good, Audio is mono, but that's enough for us. Let us see how the marriage goes..? I hope, I can see Rahul holding the cup on our tv!

I was asking my friend if he is watching WC? He told he is not, since him watching matches live, make us defeat! Another Amitabh Bacchan story..? I wish them luck. Please please bring us the cup this time...

No comments: